Planting time is a crucial moment in the life of a new tree. It starts with basic soil preparation which should consist of the removal of weed and their roots, the addition of organic material to the soil and adding a source of mineral phosphates. But there are a host of other factors that can determine just how well your new tree will establish itself and how soon it will begin to grow as you want it to. DIEHARD Transplant Fertilizer has been specially designed to provide a full range of support for any tree during this critical period. Modern science has shown how complex the relationship is between trees and soil, and the exact role of different fungi and bacteria in supporting trees in a complex web of life. The establishment of the correct soil ecology, especially in urban sites and new developments, is necessary for optimal tree growth. This can take a long time to develop after planting. However with DIEHARD Transplant Fertilizer all the components needed for that process are placed right at the roots of your tree, so that the natural relationships are quickly established and your tree can immediately begin to grow at its full capacity.
DIEHARD Transplant Fertilizer is a hand-blended mix of several carefully-chosen components that has been crafted to give your tree everything it needs to establish itself in your garden and thrive during the critical establishment period of growth. This product draws on the latest science and contains a selected blend of organisms and materials that are proven to speed up establishment of newly-planted trees and help them adapt to their new home.
The numerous beneficial components work together to make your planting a great success, and include the following:
- Mycorrhizal fungi. These organisms are well known among professional landscapers as essential for proper tree nutrition. Although some soils contain them naturally, most soils, especially in urban areas and new developments, lack these natural organisms that work with the roots of your tree to take in soil minerals and produce essential nutrients.
- Beneficial bacteria. This blend of beneficial bacteria is vital for the full breakdown of organic material and the formation of healthy soil. They are combined in the blend with humic acid, a natural form of organic matter, and by working together they condition the soil and create a nurturing environment for your new tree.
- Kelp. Wild kelp algae, harvested from the ocean, binds with clay in the soil, to improve drainage and release trapped nutrients. Seaweed has been used for centuries in many cultures as a soil conditioner and is one of the best natural resources available to improve soil.
- Trichoderma fungi. This group of fungi has been used in professional potting soils for over a decade, to naturally control root diseases that once required the application of large amounts of pesticides in nurseries. These are amazing soil organisms that actually prevent the growth of harmful root diseases and create a healthy root environment. Any root damage that may occur during planting can be an opening for disease, but with these fungi present the diseases will not be able to establish themselves.
- Horta-Sorb® Gel. This is a hi-tech product that holds many times its weight in water, yet does not interfere with drainage. When you water you tree during planting, the gel absorbs extra water and holds it close to the roots. As the soil around the roots dries the gel releases water, preventing transplant-shock and unexpected dryness as the new roots grow out into the surrounding soil. This gel is used extensively in forestry and commercial planting of tree seedlings into hostile environments, so you can be sure it will protect your tree too.
To use DIEHARD Transplant Fertilizer, simply sprinkle the contents of the package around the roots of your tree as you plant, to gain the many benefits this product brings, and see for yourself how well your new tree establishes and grows. Your tree will become established immediately, without any checks to growth, and it will burst into rapid growth, without disease or nutrient issues.