How are the heights measured?
All tree, and nothin' but the tree! We measure from the top of the soil to the top of the tree; the height of the container or the root system is never included in our measurements.
What is a gallon container?
Nursery containers come in a variety of different sizes, and old-school nursery slang has stuck. While the industry-standard terminology is to call the sizes "Gallon Containers", that doesn't exactly translate to the traditional liquid "gallon" size we think of. You'll find we carry young 1-gallons, up to more mature 7-gallons ranging anywhere from 6 inches to 6ft.
How does the delivery process work?
All of our orders ship via FedEx Ground! Once your order is placed online, our magic elves get right to work picking, staging, boxing and shipping your trees. Orders typically ship out within 2 business days. You will receive email notifications along the way on the progress of your order, as well as tracking information to track your plants all the way to their new home!
Why are some states excluded from shipping?
The short & sweet answer is: "United States Department of Agriculture Restrictions." Every state has their own unique USDA restrictions on which plants they allow to come into their state. While we wish we could serve everyone, it's for the safety of native species and helps prevent the spread of invasive disease & pests. We've gotta protect good ole' Mother Nature, after all.
Your new trees have a long life ahead of them, and they deserve to start it under ideal conditions. Our Probiotic Root Stimulant contains the most complete range of natural products available, to make that happen. We often start our new gardens on poor soil, following the disruption of the soil ecosystem by construction. When renovating an older garden, we are often faced with degraded soil following years of neglect. In both situations – or anywhere you want to give your new plants the best possible beginning – use Probiotic Root Stimulant. This science-based selection of components creates the ideal environment for tree establishment and rapid development. Enjoy success when planting, and see how soon your trees take root, supporting the healthiest top growth and fastest growth-rates.
- Symbiotic fungi release nutrients trapped in degraded soils
- Soil properties are enhanced by beneficial bacteria
- The miracle of seaweed improves drainage and develops soil structure
- Helpful fungi protect the roots from invasion by pathogens
- The water-holding powers of absorbent gels eliminate transplant shock
Eliminate the setbacks in development that often follow transplanting, and help your young trees adjust to their new environment and your particular soil conditions. Probiotic Root Stimulant supports your tree through this difficult transition, so they begin to grow straight away and release their full potential right before your eyes.
- Plant Hardiness Zones 3-10
New trees are almost always planted into less-than-ideal situations. Urban gardens, new developments, overgrown older gardens – these are all places where the natural complex ecology of the soil has been disrupted. Research has shown us just how elaborate the relationship between trees and their environment is, with many specialized micro-organisms helping them grow. These organisms are absent or dormant in undeveloped locations, and it can take years of slow, hesitant growth before you see your trees really begin to perform at their best. In the worst cases they never do. Science has shown us how to overcome these issues, and with that knowledge we have created the Tree Center Probiotic Root Stimulant. We designed this material with tree care in mind, determined to help every new tree adapt to the unique conditions it will be placed in. You will have done your part, by preparing the soil with organic material, adding mineral phosphates and removing competitive weeds, but that won’t be enough if the right organisms aren’t present. With the blend we have created you add exactly what could be missing, avoiding transplant shock and speeding the adaption of your trees to your garden. We put everything they need right at their root-tips.
Every one of the components in Probiotic Root Stimulant are supported by horticultural science, and we crafted this hand-blended mix from multiple ingredients chosen with the help of the latest scientific breakthroughs, and decades of experience. Every component has been proven to accelerate the establishment and adaption of newly-planted trees, so together they are the complete mixture every new tree needs.
The beneficial components of Probiotic Root Stimulant are blended in exactly the right proportions to achieve success and work with you to make tree planting easy, enjoyable, and to give you the outcome we all want – better trees and better gardens.
The major components of Probiotic Root Stimulant are:
- Mycorrhizal fungi – professional growers and arborists know just how complex the relationship of roots and soil is. The symbiotic relationship of trees with fungi that coat their roots is at the heart of good tree health, but these organisms can be absent or in low levels when construction and development disturb the soil ecology. Urban areas typically lack them, but so do neglected gardens. Adding them when planting means not waiting years for them to naturally re-colonize the roots of your trees. Uptake of soil minerals and the production of complementary essential nutrients is assured when you add them directly to new roots.
- Beneficial bacteria – the unique blend of beneficial bacteria in this mix means that the organic materials in the soil are broken down completely, creating healthy soil right under your feet. We blended them with humic acid, a natural concentrated form of organic matter, that binds soil particles and creates the necessary nurturing environment new trees need. As well, it provides starter nutrients for the bacteria themselves, stimulating them to rapid action.
- Seaweed – the benefits of seaweed for soil has been known for centuries to subsistence farmers around the globe. We use kelp, a giant seaweed harvested from the ocean. Its gums and resins bind together tiny clay particles, opening up the soil structure to improve drainage. It releases trapped nutrients from the enormous but unavailable reserves in mineral particles, and it is one of the most reliable natural resources available for soil improvement.
- Trichoderma fungi – growing trees in containers was hampered at first by root diseases, until nursery researchers discovered the existence of antagonistic fungi, replacing pesticides used in nurseries with natural biological control. These beneficial organisms bind with the tree roots, and occupy the ecological niches in the soil, depriving harmful disease-causing organisms. Root damage during planting provides the perfect entry-point for harmful fungi, so we used Trichoderma fungi in our mix, to block their establishment, and allow the roots to repair naturally.
- Water-Holding Gel – sometimes Nature needs a helping hand from Hi-Tech, so we rounded out our Probiotic Root Stimulant with an amazing water-holding gel called Horta-Sorb®, which holds hundreds of times its own weight in water, releasing it gradually over several days. This remarkable product prevents root desiccation – the #1 killer of newly-planted trees. Used for over 20 years by professional growers and foresters, who plant millions of trees every year into hostile growing environments, this product is now available so gardeners can protect their own trees. It prevents transplant-shock and draws new roots out into the soil. Your tree establishes faster and achieves its own natural drought tolerance levels much sooner.
Our Probiotic Root Stimulant is easy to use. Just sprinkle the contents of one convenient 2-oz pack around the roots of the trees as you are planting. It is perfectly safe for direct root contact, and this gives the best results. You will see for yourself just how beneficial the components of this mix are, very soon. Your newly-planted tree will establish itself fast, without transplant shock and an abrupt check to its growth. Free of nutrient deficiency and disease problems it will give its best, right away, and never look back.